A Glimpse Into My World

Don't call me Lenny Kravitz.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Frantic Phone Call

Yall Betty just called all in a tizzy, wanting to talk to Ron. I told her that Ron was in a meeting right now with the Aflac guy and that he would have to call her back. She said that she really needed to talk to him that its an emergency!!! I was like ok Betty whats wrong, do you need me to come and get you? Do you need to go to the hospital? Whats wrong? She responded with....I don't want to tell you. I was like ok...do you need me to go get Ron is it REALLY important. She said, yes I can't get the movie out of the VCR. I said what? She said the movie won't come out of the VCR! I said ok Betty I can help you. First is it the VCR or the DVD player? She said its the DVD player. I said ok, it it on? She said I don't know I just keep pushing the button and nothing happens. I said ok, it is on? She said I think so. I said is it lite up? She said no. I said ok, push the power button. She said ok, the lights to it came on. I said ok now push the open/close button and wait a moment. She said ok, OMG your a genius. It worked! Now how do I get it to close. I said once you take the DVD out...push the open/close button again. She said oh thank you honey you saved me. I would just like everyone to note that today i just became some little old ladies hero! Who says I couldn't be a 911 operator?

4 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I can just HEAR her all the way through that.

And no you could not be a 911 operator. Especially in bad weather.

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger spookyrach said...

The world is a better place, because of you.

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Headless-in-GR said...

That's so great! I work at a place where I take calls from quite a few elderly folks. Do you know how hard it is to describe a DVD? Hard. The first thing I said when asked to describe it was "It's round and flat..."

So I guess that makes you my hero!

 
At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this made me laugh so much

be blessed :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home