A Glimpse Into My World

Don't call me Lenny Kravitz.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Importance of Mom's

Ya know you never really know how important Mom's are until they aren't around to help you out with things. Case in point...I have been sick this past week, especially this weekend. All I could do Saturday is lay on the couch, I felt that bad. But I am getting ahead of myself. Friday night after I got off of work, I went home and my roommate was already there. I told her that I was not feeling well and she said she wasn't either. And we both looked like hell (I thought I should add that in there). She said I think we need some medicine, so at 9:30 at night, she and I load up and go to United. We would have gone to Wal-Mart, but the Wal-Mart here in town never has the stuff you need, and the close at like 8pm. So to United it was. We go inside and are practically shunned by everyone, no one speaks or anything, so we go to the medicine aisle, and I get my stuff Benedril (sp?) and Mylanta to mix together and gargle with. Well taking Aimee to pick out medicine is no easy task. I stood there forever waiting on her to pick out what kind of cough syrup she wanted. She wanted the kind that makes you go to sleep, cause her coughing was keeping her up. But they apparently don't make an adult kind that makes you sleepy and doesn't taste like ass. So I told her to get kids kind, well she got this article that Dymitap(sp?) has something in it that has been known to cause cancer, and she would just as soon have a cough. Now, I watch the news, and I have not heard anything about this medicine causing cancer, but if I ahd of talked her into it and then she came down with cancer I would have felt bad. So I was so tired and felt so bad, that I put my medicinal products onthe floor and sat down myself. Now I don't know if yall have ever tried to buy cough syrup, but if you sit on the floor at United it puts you right at the cough syrup eye level. I don't know if its the same at Wal-Mart, maybe United is trying to market to a different level of people (no pun intended). Well Aimee thinks this is a good idea so she sits down too. We spent 45 minutes in the dang grocery store trying to find cough syrup. She finally settled on Vick's. Which she had already told me was the kind that tasted like ass, and she didn't want ass flavored kind. I couldn't blame her for that. So, we left the grocery store with more medicine than we have ever had at our house. So the moral of this story is when you are sick you need your Mom cause she won't pick out non-cancerous but maybe ass flavored cough syrup and it won't take her 45 minutes. WE should have just called out Mom's.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

OMG...I laughed so hard when I read this one. I love you so damned much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home